A Joyous Oasis Sharing Life through Christ
- We will reach out to the community with programs and activities which enrich, improve, and touch their lives with God’s healing and soothing Gospel.
- Our guests and members will experience lively, diverse, and joyful worship centered in Word and Sacrament. We will attract and welcome all people with varied worship settings and experiences.
- Each member will be encouraged and inspired to use their gifts and talents to serve others.
- We will use state-of-the-art technology while providing caring and responsive ministries.
- …human beings were created holy and without fault by God, but lost that perfection when they chose to disobey him.
- …God loves us in spite of our rebellion, and sent his Son Jesus Christ to pay the price for the sins of all people by his holy and perfect life, suffering, death, and resurrection.
- …we cannot do anything to earn forgiveness or salvation. They are the gift of God through faith in Jesus.
- …the Triune God—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit—is the One True God.
- …the Holy Spirit calls us to faith through the Means of Grace: The Word, Baptism, and the Lord’s Supper.
- …everyone who relies on Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of sins and eternal life is a member of the true Christian Church.
- …God's love reaches out to all people, regardless of nationality, race, or ethnic background. The Lord has called us to share his love and make disciples of all people.
With God's help, we seek to live as his people and to obey the command to love one another as he has loved us.
The source for what we believe and teach is the Holy Bible, the inspired and living Word of God.
Zion Lutheran Church is part of the Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod (LCMS), and holds to the shared confession of Jesus Christ as taught in Scripture and the Lutheran Confessions. More information about our beliefs can be found on the LCMS website: Lutheran Confessions
The entire Bible which points to Jesus as the Savoir is the inspired and errorless Word of God. It is God’s message of love and hope for all people.
There is only one true God, who exists in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
God is the creator of everything that exists.
Adam and Eve, our first parents, were originally created by God pure and holy. They lived according to God’s will, doing what was pleasing to Him.
Adam and Eve, the man and woman God created in the beginning, went against God’s will and brought sin into the world. Since that time, all people have been conceived and born in sin.
Sin is living out of relationship with God, not living according to God’s will, and thus transgressing His holy will in thought, word and deed.
People cannot save themselves by their good works or restore themselves to a right relationship with God.
God sent His Son, Jesus, into the work. He is both true God and true man. He lived to fulfill God’s law for us, died on the cross to pay the penalty our sins deserved, and rose from the dead so that we might have eternal life. He ascended into heaven, where He now sits at the right hand of The Father to intercede for us.
Because of Jesus’ death on the cross, God declares a person just or righteous and forgiven. This happens not because of human effort, but because the justification won by Jesus is applied to the one who believes in Jesus as Savior.
Faith in Jesus is a gift of God, given by the power of the Holy Spirit; thus all the glory belongs to God.
The means of grace are the Word, Holy Baptism, and the Lord’s Supper. By these means, the merits of Jesus’ perfect life and atoning death are personally conveyed to all who believe in Jesus as their Savior.
Jesus will come again to take all believers to himself. On the final day, all the dead will be raised. Those who are still alive will be bodily transformed. After this, the final judgment will take place. Unbelievers will go into eternal damnation, and believers into eternal life.
The true Christian church is made up of all believers of all times who believe in the Triune God and in Jesus Christ as their only Savior.
God wants Christians to join with other believers in churches which correctly teach God’s Word and administer Holy Baptism and Holy Communion according to the teachings of Scripture.
Christians are called to tell others that the only way to salvation is by faith in Jesus Christ, and to show their faith by their deeds of love toward others.